Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Boy oh BOY!


So I recently gave birth to an almost 10lb baby boy! His weight and height explained why I had so much pain while pregnant with him. My pregnancy with him was totally different from when I was pregnant with our daughter. When I was pregnant with our daughter I literally had zero sick days, no pain, no nausea…nothing. I was so happy and I felt good the entire pregnancy. Some days I was tired but that was usually because I was doing any and everything my hands could find to do. I felt so good I continued to do my everyday normal activities plus some! Her birth on the other hand, was a tad bit different. It was chaotic but my recovery was great with her. No pain or pain meds. I did have a bit of the baby blues in the beginning due to the sudden changes in hormones but with prayer and support I was over that in no time.

Now, with our son, my pregnancy was the total opposite. I was so sick. Sick all of the time. My face broke out, I had things growing in the weirdest places, and I was in so much pain in my pelvis and hip area. There were days that I literally sat in bed and cried and couldn’t do anything because I was so sick. This did a number on my psyche because I am a busy bee. I love working. I love working on projects, being productive, and being active. I didn’t have the energy or strength some days to do anything and that was so depressing and frustrating. I remember crying one day and asking myself why I decided to get pregnant again. Now keep in mind, after having our daughter, I loved being pregnant and often would tell my family how I missed being pregnant. I think it was just the constant sickness that had me in a state of delirium. During the pregnancy with our son my husband had to cook and pick up the slack. The house was a cluttered mess because organization is my strong suit not my husbands, so there was stuff everywhere that needed to be unpacked and put in place. So needless to say, I was so over it all. Lol.


Well fast-forward to today and I am back to my normal self, in fact I am even better. All of the down time I had before having our son and after gave me a lot of time to pray more, seek the Lord more, brainstorm, organize my ideas and goals, and dive into Pinterest more. I have finally adjusted to having two and our home is the most organized it has ever been. The only thing I am still trying to get used to is having a BOY. People tell me all of the time how blessed I am to have a boy and girl. I literally prayed for a big and fat baby boy and I got just what I asked for. The thing is, I am such a girly girl and so is our daughter. Our daughter is so prissy, so dainty, and into all things girl. 

Miss all things girly...she has so much personality 😊


He is soo different from our first-born as to be expected but I guess I wasn’t mentally prepared lol. He isn’t as chill as she was… to be honest he is bit of a cry baby at times. He is a big boy who has an even bigger appetite.  He is always hungry and seems to never be satisfied no matter how much we feed him. Our daughter on the other hand is a light eater, a neat eater (since a baby she was a neat eater, she never liked messes), and she was low maintenance. Our son on the other hand is a messy eater and very active. He is way more active than our daughter. We can tell he is going to be adventurous. He is already walking around the house like a pro in his walker, he can pull-up on things, he NEVER liked being held like a baby but preferred sitting straight up or standing. He likes to rock, move, roll, scoot, walk, grab things, pull things, and he loves to be played with roughly. He loves being on the go. He fusses if you take too long feeding him his baby food. He is truly a male with lots of testosterone. 

Although our baby boy is helping me grow in patience and understanding, he is the sweetest baby boy ever. He has the gentlest eyes and a smile that warms our hearts. His laugh is the cutest and he already has lots of charm. I am so proud to be his mommy and if I could do it all over again…the pregnancy sickness and the hip pain that I still have from time to time….I would do it again in a heartbeat because having our baby boy makes it all worth it.




Pacifier holder I made for our little  big baby boy 



No comments:

Post a Comment