Sunday, February 19, 2017

Buttered brioche buns and smoked Gouda



 The title of this blog post makes my mouth water all over again. Anyways, I hope you had a lovely weekend. I spent most of the weekend resting and trying to fight off a cold. I am determined kick this colds butt and feel 100 percent better. So, I spent most of the weekend resting, drinking orange juice, and taking meds. I did make time to cook quesadilla’s Friday but I was too tired to cook anything Saturday. Thankfully the husband stepped in and cooked a scrumptious meal for us to feast on. During my last mini grocery haul I picked up some really fresh brioche buns from Aldi. I had some ground beef in the freezer that I separated into one-pound balls and then flattened into rectangles and placed in freezer bags. I like to flatten and freeze the meat like this because we tend to like the way Wendy’s serves their burgers. Their burgers are rectangle in shape and not too thick. So when we feel like having a burger we just pull out one of the Ziploc bags, which has the right amount of meat we need to make burgers. Simple.



Had to add this pic...look at those cute little fingers...little crumb snatcher








The burgers were so delicious and juicy! We like our burgers medium to medium well. Tip for keeping your burgers juicy is to not press it with the spatula while it cooks. Pressing the burger as it cooks will press all of the juice out of it. The hubby got this really good char on them and he topped some burgers with smoked Gouda and a special garlic mayo sauce and one burger he topped with sharp cheddar. The sharp cheddar burger was for me! I love sharp cheddar. He fried up some crinkled fries. Most of the time we cut up potatoes and fry them up but he didn’t feel like cutting up potatoes & I didn’t care. I was hungry and ready to eat. J

Burgers are really a quick and simple meal that you can make as fancy as you want. You can add sautéed mushrooms or you can do a Greek style burger by adding feta, roma tomatoes, romaine lettuce, red onions, & Tazikis sauce. Burgers are so versatile and can be tailored to fit whatever your tastes buds are craving that day. Hope you feel inspired to think outside of the box and spice up your burger a bit.


Menu Details
Brioche buns are $1.99 at Aldi
Roma Tomatoes are $1.49 for a bag (lb)
Smoked Gouda is $1.99 at Aldi






No comments:

Post a Comment