Monday, February 13, 2017

Homemade chocolate hearts



Good day lovelies! Hope your weekend was everything you hoped it would be. For me I spent the weekend doing a number of things. I went out of town for a day and rested the rest of the weekend. I did carve out time to make greeting cards with our daughter & chocolate shaped hearts for my daughter to pass out to her sweet loved ones. These treats literally cost me under six bucks! I had enough milk chocolate morsels to make 45 pieces of chocolate. I filled some with peanuts I already had at the house. I know, I know, it’s less taxing to just go and buy some chocolate heart shaped chocolates but I think it means so much more when you make food and gift it to your friends and loved ones. I search YouTube for videos on how to make chocolate candy and the instructions seemed pretty much straight to the point. So I thought…lol. I ended up making fudge with the first batch of morsels. Fudge is not what you want. You want the chocolate to be loose and run like chocolate syrup. I ended up chunking the first batch in the trash. Being that I am not a quitter, I started again and this time I took my time and the second batch came out perfect. Once the chocolate was perfect, I spooned chocolate into the cute little heart molds I purchased off of Amazon


I filled some of them with peanuts and some were all chocolate. They came out perfect. The only thing is the little hearts started to melt really quickly. I’m guessing because I didn’t temper the chocolate enough. I decided to keep them in the fridge until I am ready to bag them and put them in the pretty boxes. They tasted pretty good and I am so excited about sharing them with our family.






No comments:

Post a Comment