Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Valentine's Day Shenanigans

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day! I hope you it was peaceful, fun, and full of love & laughter. I have to say; this was one of the best Valentines ever. The Mr. got us a babysitter and we celebrated last week with just the two of us. Although I missed our babies, it was nice to have the alone time and eat dinner without any interruptions from the kiddos. We still didn’t want to leave them out of the festivities so yesterday the hubby gave our daughter a sweet Valentines Day bear and a large size greeting card. The words written on the card by her dad brought tears to my heart…”From the first man to love you in the purest way, I love you! Daddy”. Awe. How sweet! She loved her bear and although she didn’t fully understand the card, one day she will so I plan to save it for her. 



After the hubs passed out our V-Day gifts, we sat down and feasted on homemade chocolate hearts and strawberries dipped in chocolate I made earlier. I am not a big sweets eater so I was pretty amped off of the sugar after two pieces. After the chocolates we ate a late lunch…tacos!! We love tacos. During our early years of marriage, before I expanded my recipe repertoire tacos were a weekly meal in our home. Sometimes we ate tacos twice a week.  Nowadays we don’t eat them as much. J

After eating our lunch, I decided to pull out the Canon to practice and what better way to practice than having a photo-shoot with our babies. The photos turned out great! The more I practice the better my shots are and my babies are the most beautiful people to practice on. It’s so hard choosing which pictures to delete because my babies are just so beautiful to me. I have been learning a lot about angles, aperture, lighting, and the setting on the camera that make my shots even better. I put some of what I learned to use today and the Mr. even took a few shots of our babies himself to show me the difference in angles and etc. The pictures came out beautiful & it was soo sweet being all together as a family.

The Mr. & I sat down together to choose the photos we liked the best and started editing them. There were almost 200 shots! Seeing my babies in the photos inspired me to plan another photo shoot. I immediately thought about having beautiful ivy and rose garland as a backdrop. I found a blog with instructions on how to create the backdrop I envisioned in my mind so I am ready to create something really special for our next photo shoot.  Here is an idea of what I am thinking about...I probably won't have as many roses on top. Well, I know I won't have that many roses on top but the hanging garland is really what I have in mind.
Later that evening we ate dinner prepared by the Mr. Ravioli filled with shrimp and crab and sautéed shrimp and spinach served in a white wine cream sauce. Talk about delicious!!! Every time I eat his food it makes me even more excited about having our food truck. His recipes are just too good not to share.


Anyways, I hope you guys created some sweet memories yesterday. I hope you continue to show people love everyday of the year. Love is so beautiful and powerful. It is like a light that shines through the darkest of nights & will light our path as we walk through places of uncertainty. NO matter what, we have to continue to choose LOVE.







Cards we made & passed out to loved ones


No comments:

Post a Comment