Monday, February 6, 2017

Super Bowl Weekend


Did you watch the Super Bowl? Hopefully your team won but if they didn’t you must admit the game was pretty good. Well the parts that I did catch. I tend to watch parts of football games…with the exception of Alabama football games. ROLLTIDE!! Anyways, I always love seeing what food people prepared and how people decorated for the Super Bowl festivities. In preparation for the game, I did some serious deep cleaning around the house. I’m talking about the kind of cleaning your grannie would do. The kind of that cleaning that requires lots of good ole elbow grease. I still have two more small areas to go but for the most part my mission was accomplished & must say I felt like superwoman must have felt after defeating one of her greatest foes! Clutter is one of my greatest foes, and I kicked its butt this weekend! Even with the interruptions from my toddler and baby, I still was able to get a lot accomplished.  Anyone else find it challenging to clean without interruption with a toddler and baby? I ended up giving our toddler a learning exercise to keep her occupied.





I printed these sheets off the internet and purchased the book from Dollar Tree. That bought me some time to finish organizing her play room. I purchased bins from the Dollar Tree and Big Lots and organized her toys by size.


 Examples of bins from Dollar Tree & white bins I purchased from Big Lots


I took a break midway through cleaning to cut up the whole wings for our wing platter. I then cooked a ton of chicken breast to prepare for the beginning of this week. Once I finished I was back off to cleaning. Cleaning. Yay! How fun! Right? Anyways, by the time I finished washing towels, it was time to get the wings and my hubby’s special wing sauce going! Guys, I get soo excited about my husbands wings. They are seriously the best wings EVER! He has cooked them at parties before and people are always waiting in line for more. Seriously. He can’t even put them on a wing platter because people literally make him grab them out of the mixing bowl to place on their plates. It’s hilarious to hear people asking him, “Hey, are the wings ready yet?”….they are seriously that good. We are planning on buying a food truck one day and his wings will be one of the first things on the menu.

                                                 Buffalo wings with lemon pepper seasoning




Anyways, so after watching Tom Brady make history for being the only quarterback to win five Super Bowl rings, I decided to finish my last task. Bedding. Once I finished placing fresh linens on the beds, I grabbed a special treat. Cinnamon Graham Crackers! I sat down and the hubby and I decided to watch a few episodes of Chicago P.D. Talking about good times.


Hope you all had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment