Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Lunch favorite...Chicken Quesadillas





Chicken Quesadillas Anyone?

When it comes to food, we LOVE ALL THINGS MEXICAN. During our first year of marriage I cooked tacos once and maybe even twice a week. My dad would make jokes about how much we ate tacos. Now that I have grown into a pretty good and versatile cook, I have moved beyond tacos. Although we still eat them, I now throw enchiladas, fajita’s, chalupa’s, and nachos into the mix. Out of all the Mexican inspired dishes I cook, chicken quesadilla’s are an all time favorite in our home…I make different variations because we really love quesadillas.  It’s just something about the airy and flaky tortilla shell that has been toasted in butter on top of the stove. Yummy!! I also love cooking chicken quesadillas because they are pretty simple to make. I usually cook a ton of chicken at the beginning of the week to use for several dishes. We are huge chicken eaters. 




I take some of the cooked chicken breast, dice it up, and use it to make the quesadillas. Talk about simple and quick. I’ll tell you just how quick it is to make these. My sister-in-law called and said she was near our home and asked if she could stop by to visit the kiddos. I had just walked in the house from picking up a few items from the supermarket and it was time to prepare lunch. I had some chicken already cooked in the fridge, I pulled it out, diced it up, and heated it up on the stovetop. While the chicken was heating up, I cut up some cilantro, green onion, and pulled out the shredded sharp cheddar and butter. Once the chicken was finished all I had to do was put my butter in the pan, add my burrito size tortilla, top with cheese and chicken, fold, and cook until cheese was melted and tortilla was a nice golden brown color. My taste buds are tingling! Once the quesadillas were finished, I cut them into triangles, topped them with fresh cilantro, & complimented them with a side of chunky salsa and sour cream.  Talk about simple and scrumptiously delicious! 

I use Great Value brand tortillas from Walmart. Great Price & taste great. 






Look at that nice golden brown color....GET IN MY BELLY!! 







Sometimes I whip up corn salsa...unfortunately I accidentally threw out
 the cilantro while cleaning out the fridge. Bummer. 


These quesadilla’s are perfect for dinner or lunch and the ingredients aren’t money snatchers for those who are cooking on a budget.
So instead of stressing about lunch or dinner tonight, why not whip up some quesadillas babe.







P. S. This seasoning is a staple in my kitchen. It really makes chicken taste divine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment