Friday, February 24, 2017

Fried Bananas


I bought a few bunches of bananas from Aldi a few days ago. They usually run about 37 cents a pound so I usually grab a yellow bunch and a green bunch. Today I saw the bananas sitting in my fruit basket and thought, hmm…why not fry up some bananas today? I can be sporadic like that when it comes to cooking. It wasn’t on the meal plan calendar but it was something I wanted to try. I told the hubby and he helped me brainstorm a good batter recipe to coat the bananas in. I looked in our pantry and we had everything I needed minus the club soda so I looked up an alternative recipe that didn’t require club soda. I found one that substituted ice-cold water for the club soda. I had plenty of that so I was ready to get started. I was so ready and eager that I forgot to take pictures of the process. Sorry. Although I don’t have pictures, I must say this is such an easy recipe and it took literally 5 minutes to prepare and 4 to 5 minutes to fry the bananas. I was thrilled and so happy with the way the fried bananas turned out. I took them out of the grease and tossed them in cinnamon and sugar and placed some vanilla ice cream on the side of my plate and viola…dessert was served!









Ingredients

1 cup of self-rising flour
2 tsps of baking powder 
1 tbsp of sugar 
Ice cold water 
Cooking oil for frying
Bananas

Coating Ingredients:

Cinnamon
Sugar


Directions

Sift dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add ice cold water. Add enough to bring mixture to the consistency of pancake batter.
Batter should not be too runny and it's ok if there are a few small lumps.
Break your banana(s) into whatever size you desire.
Dip each banana in the batter mixture, dropping them into heated oil one at a time.
Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Turning them once if needed.
Remove from grease and toss in cinnamon and sugar mixture

Serve with ice cream and enjoy the sweet crunch! YUM!!








No comments:

Post a Comment